- The Comfort Pad is a flat pad designed to increase comfort and reduce concussion, meaning all horses - sound or unsound - are encouraged to move correctly.
- The pads can also be a useful tool to improve the fit of a boot.
- The pads will provide cushioning, additional protection and shock absorption to the hoof as well as support to the frog.
- They are an excellent aid in transitioning a horse from shod to barefoot, and exercise both the internal and external structures of the hoof to help build a stronger hoof capsule.
- Soft (Green) are ideal for very sore light-weight horses, or as the top pad in a stack if required.
- Medium (Black) is the most popular density as it offers resistance coupled with a good amount of give.
- Firm (Red) is useful to lift the hoof up if the heel is short or the hoof sits too low in a boot. The Firm pads are also good for use with horses who are heavy on pads, providing the same support as the Medium density pad for a more light-weight horse.
- 6mm is ideal for everyday use, or to stack in any density combination to alter the fit of a boot if the heels are very short or if the hoof sits too low in the boot.
- 12mm is a brilliant pad to help encourage a hoof to strengthen and improve, a Soft or Medium 12mm is usually the best pad to use on a transitioning horse - the more footsore the horse, the softer the pad required.
TIPS FOR CUTTING NEW PADS:
If you are replacing a pad which still had a good shape you can use this as a template to draw around onto the new pad. Alternatively you can make your own template following these steps:
- Take some tin foil about twice the length of your boot.
- Fold the foil in half.
- Place the foil inside your boot and scrunch down the edges of the foil up against the inside of the boot around the sole.
- Carefully remove the foil and place onto your new pad and trace around the edges.
- Cut as normal keeping to the inside of your traced line.
- Sold as:
- Pairs (2 pads).