HIRING HOOF BOOTS
Choosing the right hoof boots for your horse can be a frustrating experience – that’s why we have decided to offer a hire option on all of our hoof boots. Even if a hoof boot seems to fit well when you first try it on, the only real way to ensure it is right for your horse is to give it a proper road test. By hiring hoof boots, you can try a few sizes, or types of boot, to find the hoof boots best suited to your horse.
QUICK OVERVIEW OF HIRING HOOF BOOTS:
1. You hire the hoof boots by selecting the ‘hire’ option on the product description page;
2. All hoof boots are hired in pairs, even if they can be bought individually (so make sure you add 2 to your basket where necessary);
3. You pay the full purchase price of the hoof boots PLUS the hire charge but you have the option to use the boots for up to 14 days and then return them to us for a refund (the full purchase price NOT INCLUDING the hire charge and LESS the cost of posting);
4. The cost of hire is generally £50 for a pair of hoof boots (more for some styles);
5. If you decide you would like to keep the hired boots (within the 14 day period) we will discount the cost of hire to £25 and refund you the difference (generally £25). If you are exchanging the hired boots for new or a different size or colour, we are unable to offer this discount;
6. The initial postage of the hired boots to you will be included in the price paid – all other postage will be at your expense (although, if you have been sent a used pair of boots for hire, and you wish to exchange them for a new pair to purchase, we will cover the cost of posting the new boots to you).
HOW TO HIRE HOOF BOOTS:
Decide on the style and size of hoof boots you would like to hire. Please be aware that taking accurate measurements and obtaining a good fit are vital for success with any make of hoof boot. If you are unsure which hoof boots would suit your horse, or if you are unsure how to measure correctly, please click here for our Advice and Guidance section.
To hire the boots, simply select the ‘Hire’ option from the dropdown list ‘Purchase or Hire’ on the product description page. (We try to ensure that all of our hoof boots are available for hire but, occasionally, there may be a size or style of boot that is unavailable for hire. If the option to hire does not appear on the product description page, the hoof boot is not available to hire at that time.) Please also ensure you have read these Hire Terms and Conditions in full before proceeding to Checkout.
Hoof boots are hired in pairs of the same size, even if they are available to buy individually. Please ensure that for Easyboot Trails, Gloves, Back Countrys, Epics, Bares, Grips, Easyboot Originals, and the Renegades, you add ‘2’ boots to the basket, as these boots are all sold individually. A few of our hoof boots offered for hire, including Old Mac G2s and the Boas, are only supplied in pairs – you therefore only need to add ‘1’ to the basket.
If you feel that your horse may need 2 different sizes of boot to create a ‘pair’, please contact us first.
You then proceed to Checkout to purchase the hoof boots (including the additional amount for the hire charge), but you have the option to return the hoof boots after trying them for 14 days (starting from the day they are delivered to you and ending on the day you post them back to us) for a refund of the purchase price NOT INCLUDING the hire charge and LESS any postage costs we have incurred. If you decide to keep the boots, they are yours! You have already paid for the boots in full, and we will discount the cost of hire to £25 and refund you the difference, generally £25. (If you were sent a used pair of boots – please see below for details of your options.)
If you wish to keep the hoof boots for longer, you may do so at a weekly rate of £10. If you eventually decide to keep the hoof boots, you have no additional hire charge to pay, no matter how many weeks you have retained them (you will simply pay the full hire charge and you will not receive any discount/refund).
If you decide to keep the boots, we would be grateful if you could let us know as soon as possible – so we know not to expect the boots back, and so we can organise your refund (if applicable).
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HIRE HOOF BOOTS?
The cost of hiring most hoof boots from Hoof Bootique is £50 for 14 days (starting on the day they arrive with you, and ending on the day you post them back to us). The cost of hiring the Renegade Viper and the Old Mac G2 hoof boots is £50.
If you keep the boots for longer than the initial 14 day period, an additional fee of £10 per additional week will be charged.
WHICH BOOTS ARE AVAILABLE TO HIRE?
We try to ensure that all of our hoof boots are available for hire but, occasionally, there may be a size or style of boot that is unavailable for hire. If the option to hire does not appear on the product description page, the hoof boot is not available to hire at that time.
As the Renegade boots are more difficult for us to stock, as we have to import them directly from the USA, it is not possible to hire studded Renegades, or to specify the colour of boot.
HOW DOES HIRING HOOF BOOTS WORK IN PRACTICE?
When hiring a pair of hoof boots, you initially pay the full purchase price of the boots PLUS the hire fee. We will send you either a new pair (approximately 50% of the time) or a used pair (which will include all the same accessories as the new ones). Please note that if there is a used pair available, we will send these to you as your hired pair – we are unable to accept requests to hire a new pair over a used pair. You are then able to use the boots for up to 14 days (starting on the day the boots are delivered to you and ending on the day you post them back to us). At any time during this hire period, you can decide to:
Buy the hoof boots. If you have been sent a new pair, simply keep them – you have already paid the full purchase price - they are yours! Please let us know within 14 days that you have decided to keep the boots and we will discount the cost of hire to £25 and refund you the difference, normally £25.
If you have been sent a used pair, then you have 2 options:-
1. You can simply choose to keep the used pair. Please let us know within 14 days that you have decided to keep the boots and we will discount the cost of hire to £25 and refund you the difference, normally £25
2. You can choose to return the used pair to us and exchange them for a new pair of boots in the same style and size. To do this, please return the used boots to us with the hire form sent out with the boots, completed, (this return postage will be at your cost and we recommend a recorded method of delivery for your security). We will then send you a new pair of boots and we will cover the cost of posting the new pair of boots to you, although we cannot offer the discounted hire fee.
If you are returning the used boots to us, to exchange for a new pair, please let us know as soon as possible that you plan to do this – we can then ensure we have the new pair in stock to dispatch as soon as possible after the used boots are returned to us.
Return the boots. This will be at your cost, and we recommend a recorded method of delivery for your security. Once the boots have been received by us, you will be refunded the purchase price of the hoof boots NOT INCLUDING the hire charge and LESS any postage costs we have incurred. If you return the boots after 14 days, a further £10 hire charge per additional week will also be deducted from the refund.
1. The boots must be returned in a reasonable condition. Fair wear and tear is obviously acceptable, but broken, damaged or excessively worn boots will have either the cost to repair them deducted from the refund, or not be refunded at all if the repair cost is greater than the value of the boots.
2. Please also ensure that the boots are cleaned and thoroughly dried before they are packed up and returned to us. Any boots that are returned dirty will incur a £5 cleaning fee in addition to the hire charge.
3. In order to keep new hoof boots in “as-new” condition, we ask that you ensure your horses’ hooves are clean and dry before trying the boots on. Please also cover your horses’ hooves in a pop-sock (or thin bag) and place a clean towel (or piece of cardboard) on the floor to prevent any scuffing. Please be careful to keep the boots clean and unmarked, to preserve your right to a refund if necessary.
4. While Hoof Bootique makes effort to ensure all used hoof boots sent out for hire are as clean as possible, if you are in any doubt about the cleanliness of a used hoof boot that has been sent to you, it is your responsibility to thoroughly clean and disinfect the boot prior to use on your horse. We accept no responsibility for any infections that may be spread between horses due to the use of used hoof boots.
HIRING RENEGADE HOOF BOOTS
Although the Renegade hoof boots are available in 8 colours (Sport Orange, Dragon Fire Red, Yellow Gold, Arizona Copper, Burgundy Blitz, Jade, Choco Latte and Black Knight), generally we only have Black Knight in stock (and occasionally Arizona Copper). In most cases, the pair sent out to you for hire will be in either Black Knight or Arizona Copper, even if you have selected another colour. There are also options to have a ‘cut-back’ boot (6.5mm or 10mm shorter than the standard boot) and a studded boot – the cut-back option is not always available on our hired boots, and it is not possible to hire studded boots. If you wish to purchase any colours or options we do not have in stock, we will need to order these from the factory in the USA.
If you wish to purchase a colour of Renegade other than in Black Knight, or if you wish to purchase a cut-back or studded pair, and we don’t have the colour or type of Renegade boot you wish to purchase in stock, it is possible to hire a pair to use until the boots you have ordered from us arrive in stock. (You will be required to pay the full hire fee but we will not charge any extra hire if you have the boots for longer than the initial 2 week period.)
HOOF BOOT FAQs
Will the boots I hire be new or used?
In order for our hire service to be viable, we are unable to send out a new pair of boots for hire if we have a used pair available in that size. Although, in most cases, a new pair will be sent, we are unable to guarantee that you will receive a new pair of boots and it is not possible to request a new pair of boots over a used pair.
Do I have to pay the hire charge even if I don’t use them?
Generally, the answer is yes. In order for our hire option to be viable, we need to charge the hire fee in all cases where the hired boots are returned to us in a used condition – that is, in anything other than immaculate, as-new condition. Unfortunately, that does mean that any already used boots that are sent out for hire will automatically be charged when they are returned to us. The only exceptions to this are:-
If you have been sent new hoof boots as a hire pair and you return them to us in immaculate, as-new condition, within 10 days (starting on the day you receive the boots and ending on the day you post them back to us);
If you have been sent a new or used pair of boots for hire and it is obvious they are the wrong size for your horse - please let us know as soon as possible, and within 48 hours of the boots having been delivered to you. You will then need to return the boots to us (at your expense). Once the first pair of boots are returned to us, we will then send you a pair of boots in a different size (we will need to deduct the cost of the additional postage to you from the amount refunded to you once the hired boots are returned).
If the first pair of boots you tried on your horse were new when sent to you, then you will need to keep them in immaculate, as-new condition. If these boots are returned to us with any sign of wear whatsoever EVEN IF THEY HAVE ONLY BEEN TRIED ON YOUR HORSE ONCE then we will need to charge a hire fee for this pair of boots, and an additional hire charge for any other boots sent out to you for hire.
If the first pair of boots you receive are a used pair and they are the wrong size, we will not charge an additional hire fee if you notify us within 48 hours and return the boots to us immediately.
When does the hire period start and how long is it for?
The hire period is for 14 days and starts on the day the boots are delivered to you and ends the day you post them back to us. We recommend you return the boots to us using an insured and traceable method as the boots remain your responsibility until we sign that we have them back into our possession.
What happens if I loose or damage the boots whilst in my possession?
Whilst the hoof boots are in your possession, you are responsible for their care, and with the exception of fair wear and tear, the cost of rectifying any damage will be deducted from the refund before it is processed. We will email you to advise you of any additional charges and offer you the option to have the boots returned to you if you prefer (at your expense).
Can I hire 1 boot on its own?
No, hoof boots are always hired in pairs even if they are able to be purchased individually.
What if I have used them and decide I like them, but need a different size - do I still have to pay the hire charge on the pair I am returning?
If you require a different size and return a hired larger or smaller pair and they have been used, you will be charged hire on the returned pair, but we will discount this depending on the length of time you have retained the hired pair. The postage cost of returning the hired pair to us will be your responsibility.
If you decide to purchase the second pair, there will only be the first hire charge to pay. If you decide to ‘hire’ the second pair, and return them to us for a refund, then a second hire fee will be charged and deducted from the amount repaid to you.
Is it possible to hire pads to use inside hired hoof boots?
Unfortunately we are unable to hire out pads to use inside the boots. If you would like to use pads inside hired hoof boots, it will be necessary for you to purchase the appropriate pads. No refund will be given on the pads, even if they are returned to us with the hired hoof boots.
When hiring Renegade hoof boots, is it possible to select the colour of boots?
No, when hiring the Renegade hoof boots, it isn’t possible to choose the colour. Generally, most of the Renegade hoof boots we have available for hire are in Black Knight or Arizona Copper. If after hiring the boots, you decide you would like to have a new pair of Renegades in the same size but a different colour, please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure we have the colour of boot you require in stock. If you need to wait for the new pair to arrive from the USA, then we will extend the period of hire (at no additional cost) until the new boots arrive from the USA.
Is it better to hire a pair of boots, or hire the Renegade shells/Easycare Fit Kit?
This depends! If you are particularly interested in either the Renegade hoof boots or the Gloves or Backcountry hoof boots, but your horses’ measurements do not fall neatly within the size charts for the particular boot, you may choose to hire the Renegade shells or Easycare Fit Kit (or both!) first, to check if the boots will fit your horses’ hooves. Although it is not important with the Renegade boots to have a tightly fitting shell (as it is with the Gloves) you can still use the Renegade shells, as with the Fit Kit, to check if the boots will be suitable for your horse, and to establish the right size, if you then wish to hire or purchase a pair of boots.