CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FIT KITS AND HOW THEY WORK!
CLICK HERE TO READ OUR GUIDE "HOW TO USE YOUR HOOF BOOTIQUE FIT KIT"
Please scroll down the page to read our Terms of Fit Kit Hire and Fit Kit Hire Fees
- Up to 3 boot shells for you to hire to help determine the correct size Scoot Boot hoof boots.
- Avoids having to send boots back and forth, saving time and money.
- The Scoot Boot sizing can seem quite generous and so the fitting shells can be useful to determine correct sizing.
- Takes some of the guesswork out of fitting.
- Simple to use.
- Sizes 000 - 11 available.
Please note: if you would like a mixture of REGULAR and SLIM shells, then you will need to hire a Mixed Fit Kit.
The 000 Regular is slightly smaller in its proportions than the 00 Regular, and it is larger in its proportions than the Mini 3.
Slim sizes available separately in the Scoot Boot SLIM Fit Kit
The Scoot Boot Fit Kit has been designed to help you find the correct pair of Scoot Boots for your horse. The Scoot Boots are easy to use, due their simplicity and ease of fit.
USING YOUR FIT KIT
To try on your Scoot Boot Fit Kit shells, pick up the hoof with the sole facing upwards in the trimming/picking out position and slip the toe of the hoof into the boot. Pull the rear of the boot over the bulbs (you may need to use a slight twisting motion), make sure it is centered, and place the hoof onto the ground.
- The hoof should slip comfortably into the boot, without having to use too much effort.
- The fit should be snug - not tight or loose.
With the hoof on the ground:
- You should be able to fit a finger under each heel arch/heel strap of the boot and the heel bulb. If you cannot do this, the boot is too small. At no time should the strap be placing pressure on the bulbs.
- The heel bulbs should protrude through the gaps at the rear of the boot.
- If you push the front of the boot together (as though front straps have been secured) the gap at the front should ideally be between 10mm-15mm. (After riding in an actual boot, you will find that the boot will mould to the hoof and the gap will reduce in width. An ideal gap at the front of your Fit Kit shell is approx 10mm.)
- Ideally, the top of the boot (the part that sits around the hoof, below the coronary band) should fit snug against the hoof wall. There should be no gap between the boot and the upper hoof wall below the coronary band. Some gaps in a Fit Kit shell may close up once the front straps are fitted.
- If the base of the hoof doesn't fill the boot, the boots can still work well if they are a snug fit around the top of the hoof wall and around the heel bulbs.
Now pick up the hoof and do the “wiggle test” - gently try to twist the shell clockwise and anti clockwise (don’t force the boot). Your boot should not turn on the hoof - ideally you want the shell and hoof to move together. A little bit of movement side-to-side with your Fit Kit shell can still be fine (as you don’t yet have the front straps secured) but you don’t want more than a few degrees each way, and you don’t want the central vertical shank to pass over the bulbs.
There are lots of helpful photos and comments showing how the Scoot Boots should fit HERE.
Useful video on how to check the fit:
*Please note, the fit of the shell may be slightly harder to judge, as fitting shells do not have front straps or gaiters. However, it is a useful guide on what to look for.
Terms of Fit Kit Hire and Fit Kit Hire Fees
Please post your Fit Kit back, clean and dry with no parts missing, dirty or broken, within 14 days of you receiving it (this can be extended, but please contact us first). Please note that there is an additional fee of £2.50 per week for Fit Kits that arrive back more than 21 days after the date they were received.
If you require help in deciding on the next step and have sent an e-mail to us, then please feel free to keep the Fit Kit until you have received a reply (as we may ask you to try the Fit Kit on again). We will not charge the additional fee of £2.50 per week when you are in contact and an extension has been agreed. Occasionally, we may send a shell that is dirty or damaged and there is no need to notify us if the shell was dirty or damaged when you received it.
When you return the Fit Kit to us and wish to PURCHASE or HIRE a pair of Hoof Boots at the time of return, you will be refunded the deposit paid LESS the applicable fit kit fee.
If you decide to return the Fit Kit and NOT order or hire any boots at the time of return, you will be refunded the deposit paid LESS the applicable fit kit fee AND a further admin fee of £10. You will not be charged a further £10 admin fee if you opt for a Store Credit.
If you decide to NOT order a pair of boots at the time of return of the Fit Kit and opt for a refund, but you later come back to Hoof Bootique to purchase a pair of hoof boots, then please feel free to ask for a discount of £10, representing the additional admin fee of £10 you were charged on the Fit Kit.
If the Fit Kit is returned to us with parts missing, broken or dirty (subject to the comments above) the amount refunded to you will be LESS the cost of putting the Fit Kit right again.
Please note you will be responsible for returning the Fit Kit to us at your cost, and we are not able to refund you until the Fit Kit is received by us so we do recommend a recorded method of postage.
You can use our Royal Mail Returns Service when returning your Fit Kit at a cost of £4.95 (or use a service of your choice). A Royal Mail Returns label will be included with the Fit Kit. Please place the label on your parcel and then you can take it to any Post Office. Please remember to obtain a proof of postage receipt.This service can be more cost effective, especially when returning heavy or large Fit Kits.
Please note, this service is free at the point of posting but a charge of £4.95 will be deducted from your Fit Kit deposit or charged separately if no deposit is due back to you.
Standard Fit Kit Fees
*Any fit kit other than a mixed fit kit is standard.
A £15 fee will be retained for the 1st Fit Kit hired.
If more than one Fit Kit was hired at the same time (so under the same Order Number) then a reduced fee of £10 will be retained for each subsequent Fit Kit.
The remaining balance will either be refunded, rolled over onto a boot purchase/hire or applied as a Store Credit, as required.
You can view the size chart for the Scoot Boot here