Supplied in pairs
Original Easycare Comfort Pads are the ideal compliment to almost any hoof boot in the Easycare range. The Original Comfort Pad is a flat pad designed to increase comfort and reduce concussion. Original Comfort Pads increase heel comfort so that all horses - sound or unsound - are encouraged to move correctly. Original Comfort Pads can also be a useful tool to improve the fit of a boot. An Original Comfort Pad will provide cushioning, additional protection and and shock absorption to the hoof as well as support to the frog. Original Comfort Pads are an excellent aid in transitioning a horse from shod to barefoot, and exercise both the internal and external structures of the hoof to help build a stronger hoof capsule. A New Easycare Comfort Pad range has been released and the Original Easycare Comfort Pads will no longer be available once all the stock has sold. You may be sent a pair of the New Comfort Pads in place of Original pads, if you order Original pads and the particular size and density is out of stock.
Available in Small (up to size 2, Easyboot line or Boa) and Large (size 3 and over, Easyboot line and Boa). If purchasing for use in any make of hoof boot other than one in the Easyboot line or the Boa, choose the Large size to ensure enough material to trim the pad to fit the boot, whatever it's size.
Original Comfort Pads come in two thicknesses:
• 6mm which is ideal for everyday use, or to stack in any density combination to alter the fit of a boot if the heels are very short or if the hoof sits too low in the boot.
• 12mm are a brilliant pad to help encourage a hoof to strengthen and improve, a soft or medium 12mm is usually the best pad to use on a transitioning horse - the more footsore the horse, the softer the pad required.
Original Comfort Pads are available in three densities; soft, medium and firm.
• Soft are ideal for very sore light-weight horses, or as the top pad in a stack if required.
• Medium is the most popular density as it offers resistance coupled with a good amount of give.
• Firm is useful to lift the hoof up if the heel is short or the hoof sits too low in a boot. The firm pads are also good for use with horses who are heavy on pads, providing the same support as the medium density pad for a more light-weight horse.